Monday, March 24, 2008

Grapes may decide the fate of us all.


I have discovered another secret to why I was drawn to Grape Juice! Red Grapes help with sleep! I was drinking it in the evening when it would be most effective. My body/mind knows where to look for help with depression. Lack of good sleep leads to depression. Depression leads to lack of good sleep.

As a note for people with high blood sugar, or diabetes: Juice might be too much sugar at once but in the fruit form you can get the same benefits as Grape Juice! And make a meal out of it.

Wait, do not drink that Grape Juice right before bed! It has sugars which equal energy. To find more about Grape Juice and to figure out the use of White Grape Juice go to this site: Health-and-health.com. Where it says this among other things.

“The most obvious way grape juice helps fatigue is by adding iron to your diet. Iron deficiency is common, especially in women. It can cause severe fatigue and leave you feeling completely burnt out. Don’t drink dark grape juices if you are anemic (low on iron). Dark grape juices contain chemicals that can actually lower the level of iron in your system, worsening the problem. Stick to white or light grape juice for the best iron boost. If you're feeling extra tired after a workout, you probably need to replenish iron lost from sweating. Drinking grape juice will not only give you more energy, but also help with muscle fatigue as well.” – So nice of Health-and-Health.com to share with us!... it was on their site.


I’ve got to keep my eyes out for these things like Zones 24c with all its depression fighting vitamins, and there is more. There is go much more out there that we (if you suffer from a mood disorder or sleeping disorder) can record. Record for others. We are like the canary in the mine. We are so much more sensitive because we suffer so much more.

Maybe that is the reason humanity developed mood disorders, to be the White Witch who can cure with Grapes, Fish Oil, Folic Acid and the Vitamins B’s. We can say, this here helps me somehow sleep better, or this makes me feel better these things must be good.

I’m still trying to figure out why humanity developed mental disorders.

I thought, “I hear birds.” then I realize that the headphones I had placed on a low volume right next to me for background music had gotten to the bird songs. So no I wasn’t suddenly transported to a place were birds would bother to live.

I messed up my nail polish yesterday. I am so yawn’y. All this and I need to edit like crazy! My thr…oh #$*& I need caffeine. I better get it before 12.

Yum, coffee is so good. What I need is some instant coffee (you can use real coffee, but this is quicker) a little vanilla and milk, and sugars… a lot of sugar. With this you can make a Starbucks Frappuccino. It is easier to add just a little vanilla Ice Cream to the milk instead of the vanilla flavoring and sugar. Once you get the mixture right you can bottle it up, place it in the fridge, and then bring it to work/school.

Okay. Almost break time. Don’t worry; this isn’t the only thing I’ve done today. All I need to do is find the well power now that I am all burned out. I am almost there. I need to tell myself that. Soon I will have new reasons to get up in the morning. Soon I can go back to all the things that I swore I couldn’t do while in college. Soon I will be leaving people I’ve known for four years.

My fingernails are pink. I needed to make them stronger and there were only two colors bright red or light pink.

Okay. I had a long break time. I had to pick something up from a store that couldn’t wait, so I picked up some stuff. I forgot to bring my Milk on the Bus. It is setting at the cold bus stop…was, but someone picked it up almost as soon as I forgot it. I think I saw them. I was too shy to ask the bus driver let me go and get it. I slowly came to the realization that I was on the wrong bus. SO, I ended up downtown with a three-pound bag of grapes and almost all my groceries. Luckily I knew exact what bus to get on.

I came to my apartment. Stuffed my face on yogurt and grapes fighting with myself. Telling myself:

“Do not just give up and go to sleep. No do not lie down on the sofa. Remember last time? You tell yourself that it is just for a few seconds and then your sister is waking you up telling she needs to use the room. Did that get you out of your sleeping slumber? No, you shuffled up to your bed and went back to darkness. When you woke up you thought you had slept through all your classes the next day."

So laying down on the sofa today. Having pulled off my hat and glasses, I know I needed to form new connections in my brain. So I ate grapes to wake up. (The action of eating wakes up my mind.) If I can just train myself to get hungry instead of sleepy I think it would be a good trade…hungry for grapes. (P.S. I looked up grapes and sleep after eating over a pound of grapes. I just thought it would be better at the top.)

The struggle to stay awake did not end with getting off the sofa. It just transported to my room. My bed above me… I cannot let the sleep connection form in my brain. Grapes mean awake. Writing means awake. White grapes is what I grew up with, purple grape juice and California Raisins. I heard it from the grape vine.

Yes, I have high sugar. Mmmmm…I want honey. I might have gotten all good foods, but now I want to eat it all because it is so good. Yes, I picked up honey, Honey. Picture honey spread over toasted whole grain bread. Honey mixed into oatmeal.

It is so much fun eating grapes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remembering this posting, which I did not read completey though yet, I bought GRAPES at Felpausch today, and then FISH OIL at Walgreens. hmmmm