
Yesterday was a Series of Unfortunate Events. I read the first book and didn’t like it because a grown man should not be… wait I could mess up the whole book for you. If you plan to read it skip to the next paragraph. A grown man should not be trying to marry a child and I do not enjoy reading about child abuse.
There, anyway I had to go to Kinko’s to print something on sticker paper. Yet on an expedition the day before I was sent to a Kinko’s way out of my way, so I had my sister drop me off. I assured her that I would find my way back somehow.
So after waiting a long time at Kinko’s, the dude kept on helping people who came in after me, and taking forever, I found myself walking to a bus stop, but soon discovered it did not run on the weekend. So I walked for quite a while until I hit a spot where I went into a CVS and got some medication. After getting some 17 cent Easter candy. I walked out and saw a bus!
I had already stopped at The Produce Station and compared the prices of local farmer’s milk that is so fresh it comes in glass (old fashion styled) vs. cartons. It was up against a kind that is also very good. I know you think all milk is created equal, but some cows are happier and healthier and produce happier healthier milk.
If only I could hand you a glass of really fresh milk. A lot of people can only imagine how good Michigan milk tastes. As pointed out in the book Animal Vegetable Miracle, milk like wine might have different tastes in different areas. She points out that in the rain rich rolling grass hills of Ohio on an Amish farm (factory farms are not connected with nature -me) the milk might be really good. Michigan also has rain rich rolling hills!
In reality I do not know if Caldor dairy does have happy cows, but they use no growth hormone, and offer tour of their farm. They do home delivery in some areas. It would be awesome to have milk boxes like mall boxes. A solar/wind powered milk box (you have to keep it cold). I’m going into creating my own world again. Who is up for getting apartment complexes to band together and create a milk day!
Best Skim milk I have ever had (couldn’t find 2%, must have been sold out).
So we are all missing out on good milk. Soon the land of milk and honey will not be nearly as appealing as it once was. It will be the land of tasteless milk and expensive (bee shortage) honey.
When (if) I get through this college thing. I will be free at last! I would go out and work somewhere else today instead of just going home, but I have good milk waiting. Do you think I can make it if I go home? Do you think I will go back to sleep?
Tasty skim milk…better then any I could buy at school, or wasting more money on coffee. You know, I think I can face this challenge. I will go home and not sleep.
I took a trip down memory lane, and bought some Phish Food yesterday. I discovered that it is no longer my favorite ice cream. My new favorite goes to Hagen-das with their white chocolate raspberry truffle. It was yummy yummy yummy. So take that Ben and Jerry, you have been outdone!
Right now I am in only one layer. I had to take off two layers because it was so warm in here. Will I be done with the art school? Will I make it? I cannot stay here much longer.
I did not go home. I looked into my Whole Foods bag, and found a Free Beverage Coupon my sister had given me the day before. I need to call my Doctor today! Oh, yay! Ten minutes until the moment of doom. What will I hear?
“Lisa you are so unhealthy you need to go to the hospital right away.”
“But….but but. I am so close to being done. Give me three more weeks.”
“You are at the risk of having a heart attack or worse! You think having ones foot act up is annoying, just you wait.”
Of course things should not be that bad, really who has to hang out in a hospital when they are able to go to school? If anything I will be told to watch out, exercise, eat healthy, etc.
Ah ha! I need another blood test in six weeks because of my liver. :(
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment