Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh. My. Well. What?

Mountain Dew

Green liquid of energy,
You I sip,
and I love
the things you do.

It makes me forget
about sleep,
if only for a while,
a happy while

and while I cannot
have you past noon
You smile up at me,
Green liquid of energy.

Today is Ash Wednesday.
Here is sit in my gray sweater
while ice covers the ground (outside),
My fingers type on a silver lap
top, and I live in my particular mess.
A scarf, a sweatshirt, a Pepsi, a Glucerna.
Tasting the Pepsi I know it is finally flat.
I guess it has to go,
but the Dew
that must stay,
little sips, slowing the tiredness,
energy drops now from the sugary high

I edit and re-edit
pulling more and more out of my brain,
unlike the sliver fluid in Harry Potter,
which will not transfer over the internet,
you cannot see what I have seen
a door, a painting, a Leo.

And I barely remember,
those moments of my past.
A chill runs up my arms,
is it getting colder?
a half
hour more,
how many to go?

my sleep is double,
I missed my brothers birthday
due to sleep
okay, I was there for a part of it, but
I left after lunch,
because I was so tired,
and then I slept for 16 hours.
Because ‘‘ ‘‘ ‘‘ ‘‘
a little caffeine,
a little dew
would have been helpful
if only I had thought

Please God, Please
do not abandon me
why God,
why?
do I sleep away my life,
I spend my hours
like there was a tomorrow.
and when tomorrow comes,
I will be fully rested,
and alone
because I spent my friends on sleep
I spent my health on sleep
my smiles, laughs turn to tears
tears about sleep

Green liquid of energy,
You I sip,
and I love
the things you do.

you fight for me,
a valiant knight
and I forget, as the sugar rushes
to my brain
until the sugar gets too high,
because I have high blood sugar.

Glucerna
snank shake
shake well
Creamy
Chocolate Delight.
you taste so good
somehow, I like you,
along with oatmeal without sugar,
but not sugar free syrups
to go in my espresso
royale

about ten more minutes,
if only my job was to write,
whatever I wanted,
and no requirement for it to be heavy stuff.
I type slow. Really slow. Let me take a test.
Oh my! I cannot tell you the horrible results!

I had typing class in middle school, but no matter how long I tried I kept on typing the same speed. I think it is because I stop to read, and enjoy what is being written. I’ve heard many a story through typing. One about the last tree in the world being cut down, but that there is one acorn.

Lunch time!!!

No comments: