Welcoming an Angel
to one’s website
Welcome,to one’s website
This world you see,
flat as it many appear
up here on your screen
is the world of me.
Here I am,
fingers dancing on sliver keys,
type, type, type, type
can you hear it?
each letter a raindrop,
and only in your head
do these drops gain,
gain words.
If I only had a brain,
perhaps
I could speak
on the same level as you
perhaps we could stay
up all night
talking about the stars,
yet you write the beautiful music,
that my ears
can only hear a small part of,
just like someone
who is color blind,
seeing red.
I know you like to tell me what it is like,
but how do you describe red, without seeing it?
so I walk around
in a dimmer world,
perhaps I can see red, but
what about Nample,
Eaw,
and Uin?
I can listen to Mozart, but
he was only able
to write down a small part
of what he heard.
If only I had a heart.
I could understand the pain
in between your eyes,
a pain from a war
long ago.
I was not built for war, but
I suppose you weren’t either.
I do not understand your war,
how it came into being,
and how it ended.
Legend.
Myth.
If only I had courage.
I would fight by your side,
not in this world, but the next.
Now I am afraid
I am a bit of a burden.
So however you see me,
you will know me
by the pledge in my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment