
I am walking along the edge. I, for the first time in my life, want to start having small amounts of wine every now and then, but I know that if I go too far I will lose my chance of ever being better. This is because alcohol will destroy the effectiveness of my antidepressants and make me very sleepy.
I would like to talk about my lack of motivation. I just don’t understand it. I have the biggest project in my whole life (so far) right in front of me and I cannot master the well power to face it. I have fallen back into the hole. I need an artist statement. I need to start getting the wheels rolling and pull out the oil (coffee) to take care of all the squeakiness. I have a little over a week to get everything together and my mind… my mind just feels blank. I am able to function talk, eat, smile, be overly upset, but my passion at the moment is lacking. A senior last year said in a presentation that you are going to hit the water and you either sink or swim…or something like that. I cannot explain this worry that comes from my inability to…that is it. It is high time I start doing something other then complaining.
Senior Project Idea One
Webtastic
The propose of this first project is to utilize the act of creating a Personal Web Journal in order to understand what a successful Online Journal involves.
Normal journaling is a journey for oneself, a way to collect thoughts, and make since of life, and it success depends on how well it accomplishes these endeavors, but very moment that a Journal becomes public its definition changes.
I ran into the question of the purpose of an Online Journal my first year in college, and came to the conclusion that a lot of the success of the Online Journal depended on whether anyone actually visited the site. I concluded that the best way to get people to visit a site was posting daily, creating a weird sense of humor, and having a picture with every post. A very simple conclusion I might add, and far away from the truth. I have tested this hypothesis and discovered that it is far from true.
I now plan a full out attack on the Web. I will use video, audio, art, creative writing, a local twist, and a personal touch. I will do interviews, and research topics.
Senior Project Idea Two
S. F. S. (Students Fighting Stigma)
This project would focus on creating a student group created with the propose in mind of using their skills (individually or in a group) to combat the stigma attached to mental illness. I myself would be doing video pieces from the members that are willing to create a great be mix of people talking only to show that they all are affected by mental illness at the end.
This group would also be about providing support, and information to students who need it.
Senior Project Idea Three…I will get back to this later.
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment