Monday, August 6, 2007

Fish oil fights back!


I forgot that Fish Oil helps with cholesterol, but with the large amounts of Fish Oil that people with Bipolar disorder seem to take the little bit of cholesterol inside the Fish Oil can be a big problem.

The makers of these studies were not thinking about people with Bipolar disorder and it is high time someone did more studies on these natural ways of helping with the disorder that people have been using for centuries. I'm sorry to give you a bad lead. It’s just that I noticed a cholesterol increase when I increased my Fish Oil, and I thought that there was something behind it.

It is possible that there is a limit to how much Fish Oil can help you, and after a point it just adds to your cholesterol. Don’t ask me. I’m not a Doctor. I, however, am going to continue to take both Flaxseed Oil and Fish Oil, but at the highest recommended dose on the bottle and no more. I think that there are implications that are beyond the understanding of a pDoc. pDoc’s are studied in the brain much more then the body, and if they give the O.K. for someone to go beyond the recommended dose do they stop to ask why the recommendation was there to begin with?

I think, however, that having both Flaxseed, and Fish Oil will be better for me overall. The body needs variety.

2 comments:

R said...

Is fish oil recommended for everyone? Also, what about other vitamins?

Namir said...

Yes, many pDoc's today will recommend Fish Oil. There are other natural substances like St. John Wart (which is used in Germany as an extra aid for depression). There was a book I saw at the Ann Arbor library that was about natural ways of fighting Bipolar disorder. I will look into it in the future.