
My third idea is twofold:
1) The First it is about developing my inner essence thought meditation and along with it to maintain my body, the wonderful vessel that it is, though Yoga and Tai Chi.
2) The Second part is also twofold. This is the part where I draw out art from my inner self.
a) I will be creating something that is beating with the same rhythm as my veins. It would be the roots of trees taking on the essence of the medication in my blood, not physically, but spiritually. I would be creating a natural form to hold the essence of a physical blessing that enables me to continue in college. This is where I am a little afraid that my lack of a green thumb will show through. Do not worry the project doesn’t stop there. I will create three dimensionally and two dimensionally artwork of what I think the trees will be like when they are grown, and what they will see. I am thinking of working with clay and at least creating the pots, if not whole clay trees. I do not have a yard so I am limited to Bonsai trees. Which after some research might be a wonderful or horrible choice. It certainly fits in with the Tai Chi.
Each Bonsai tree will have the name of a medication, for example Zyprexa Zydis (an antipsychotic). Each medication will grow as scientists learn from old medications to make better ones, but while Zyprexa Zydis will be left in the dust the Bonsai tree will only grow stronger carrying on the name. Frozen in time, a memory of today’s wonders and limitations. We know so little about the brain right now that our medications might be rather stone aged, and have side effects we do not see. People used to believe that animals were clockwork machines after all.
b) The second part of the second part is also about extending my inner self, but into an object that is controversial, and frowned upon by the Catholic Church (I’m catholic). I will be getting a feel for my deck of Tarot cards. I will lie out spreads and based on the spreads I would come up with stories. Based on the stories I would create illustrations. The Moon card for example could be about deception, so I would add a trickster to the story. The Ten of Swords shows someone is stabbed in the back, and so on forth. There are a lot of ways to read each card so I would always have flexibility in my story.
Notice I am not using the cards to look to the future like I do the trees, I think trees are better holes into the future then cards, because of their long life. I also want people to look at the cards in a different way. The cards don’t need to give advice, for me they just need to tell stories.
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment