
I went to the Everglades today (A while ago now). My Mother has a pass so we can get in for free. So we felt free to go there and only walk half a mile. I wasn’t attacked by anything, and saw a few birds. I did, however, see two alligators. Yesterday, (A while ago now) I went to see Hemingway’s house afterwards I was inspired to try to write a book. Something I have tried before.
I’ve told myself many summers I would write a book this time around. I said that this year I am going to do something productive with my time, I will be healthy, I will teach myself how to play the piano, etc. I always ended up in front of the television in the end.
I do not watch television much anymore. I find it boring. This is a sad, sad thing. Because I have to find other ways to entertain myself, but I cannot, so in the end I just sleeping.
I made a point to start writing a book on the very night that the last Harry Potter book came out. It was my way of celebrating. It was also for good luck. I am in no shape to write a novel at the moment. I think I would start with short stories, and work on up, but I still took the first step toward novel-dom.
I stopped to asked myself do I really want to write another fantasy book? What good will come of it. What will be learned. Will it be just another good wins over evil books? We have all read or seen that. So what would the point of it be?
I am thinking of going to Florida next summer. There are so many jobs everywhere. I wouldn’t have to create make up jobs like selling stuff on eBay. The whole trip expanded my view of the world. It was like saying, yeah you could stick by your family in Ann Arbor, or you could move somewhere with better jobs, and better weather. Will you forsake Michigan, like so many have done before you? Or will you remain loyal to your home.
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment