Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chocobo - - Fair Trade Tea


A little sugar goes a long ways

Did I ever think that this lemonade was anything but sugar? I’m at ERC (coffee shop) and a few sips of a sugary yellow substance called lemonade has given me energy! Or at least the tiredness has passed for the time being. And people wonder why I am attracted to sweets. I feel nice like sugar and spice. I feel good. I knew that I would now. Guess the song! Frankly, I don’t know the title.

I like it at this ERC because the Internet works. I was tempted to go out to a Starbucks, because of the two-hour free Internet thing they are doing now, but then I thought, I have ruined my favorite drink by having so much of it, what is the point. Plus the blended drinks don’t taste the same with 2% milk and I can’t bring myself to ask for whole milk. (High cholesterol and all) So if it doesn’t taste right why waste money on it. So here I am with my lemonade found my way here after returning my CD’s to the library.

I think that I will get going and wait for the bus a little early… a lot early.

Oh no! The bus tricked me! It didn’t go by where I wanted it to at all. So here I am downtown. Gulped down my lemonade and bought admission into Seattle’s Best (in Borders). Some weird dude was preaching about religion, and then there was a book signing.

I wonder what Borders does with all the videos they make of the people who come in. They used to just have the writer come and talk in another area, with no big set up. Now the coffee shop has to stop using the espresso machine because of all the noise it would make. So everyone coming in looks like a big Hu La. Dance Furby Dance. Do do do…do do do.

The camera guys are talking about how to put together the video. Do do do… do do do. Ah, the wonderful sound of the espresso machine starting back up. Actually it is kind of loud. Today was a night on the town. Who cares if I am poor! Panda Express, Fruit and yogurt parfait, lemonade, tea, and now hot chocolate! What is my total for the day? I’m think about $15.

It goes like this. I need to return some CD’s to the library. I really NEED to. While I am waiting at the bus stop I look over at Panda Express and think food. So I get some food. I get on the bus (food closed) and jump off at a library branch. Eat food. Hide the rest of the food, and go into the library. After the library I pick up the food and I think Phish Food or coffee shop, Phish Food or coffee shop. I go for ERC. So I get a Fruit and Yogurt and later thinking that this was the end of my spending of the day I get lemonade.

I go to the bus and ended up in the wrong place. I thought two hours free wireless, Starbucks. Finding that the Starbucks was locked for an employee meeting I think Borders (for once I didn’t think of a shop formerly known as Beaners) and so I walk there. Inside a stereo of someone talking about Jesus greeted me, and I knew I would be limited to coffee or tea, or other non-noise making drinks. So I get something cheap, a Refresh tea.

Later I call my sister and see thinks I should go to a movie. I talk to her about how I don’t spend a lot of money on clothes, or alcohol (may I add: admission to clubs, non-prescription drugs, movies, and such and such). Either way, I decide to get a kids size Cocoa trio because all is fair in love and war… I don’t know why, but that just popped into my head.

This tea is too weak after the first round. Meaning I finished it and asked for more hot water, making the second round for the tea. It is still pleasant even if it is herbal tea, and therefore not real tea. I didn’t want caffeine so late at night. Maybe the two cups thing doesn’t work with herbal teas. So it is slightly flavored warm water. Which is just fine in this weather. Maybe it is just that my tongue has adapted to the mint taste because the color of the water is not weak at all.

Oh, mint tea. Always brings be back to the Sims 1. I am in the coldest room in the house, a room that the heating barely touches. A warm cup of Peppermint tea is at my side, and I am on the old computer (the new one is in the warmest room) playing the Sims 1.

I wonder sometimes what I would have done if the games when I was a child were as complex as they are now. When Kings Quest went 3-D and you had to fight creatures it seemed so out of the character of Kings Quest that I didn’t get out of the first town. Would I have enjoyed the Sims as much as I did, if it were as detailed as it is today? Would I have been trilled or would I have been scared way.

Like when I heard that in Final Fantasy VI the creatures evolve long with you. My whole strategy was to level up beyond that of the creatures, so that you could destroy them easily. In V I leveled up so much, and when it came to Chocobo raising, I needed that White Chocobo so I could run over mountains and water. Why? Because I wanted to.

Don’t you wish you could have spent hours and hours of your life learning from video games? I wasn’t much into doom, or that game where you (a little dude) move around the little squares, and there are things like ice and water, and stuff. I have seen knock offs of so many games on Neopets, and everywhere. do do DO DO DO DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO, DO DO DO DO.

Fair trade. Why is it that no one offers Fair trade tea? My back. So tired from backpack. FAIR TRADE TEA! Raise the battle cry. We are blessed (we have the money to have Internet). We love tea (everyone loves tea). FAIR TRADE TEA! and good tea too.

I should get moving. I’ve lingered in this place too long. Next time I get a pot of tea, like my sister recommends.

No comments: