
Covered in earth. Clay dried on my pants, Green tea in my fridge. Today is a good day. I meditated today, with my hands molding the clay between my fingers. It span, I tried to find the center. For that sweet moment in time, I found my place. I was there in the clay studio in a way that I haven’t been in a long time for so many forms of art.
Everything made sense. I had big plans on how I was going to continue my practice in Maya and mix oil pastel (a medium from my youth) and digital. Computer animation, digital photography, and oil pastel all blended together in a seamless scene moving breathing. Then my brain hiccupped, and I faced a long drawn out depression. I stopped doing artwork. Then I stopped being able to do artwork. Then I stopped wanting to do artwork.
Part of me misses those two years I let art pass me by. What would I have become if I continued my Maya project. What would I have become if I continued to float just below mania. What a wonderful state. Some people spend years in hypomania, some people spend more time in mania then depression. I guess that everyone is on there own special ride.
I should tell you about my meditation for today. As I slipped my hand into the bucket of used clay slip and pull up a little handful a smile appears on my face. I think back to my first day in a clay art class. Wow that was long ago. FYI Based on my performance today
I will have to put more time into meditating with Clay.
I feel that Clay is a wonderful tool for getting in touch with my Bonsai trees. It is a natural material found in the soil that the trees grow out of.
Oh, oh so far I have collected the following seeds all very fresh:
10 American Wisteria Seeds (the American is supposed to be easier to get to bloom then the Chinese kind)
100 Chinese Elm Seeds (I have no idea what I will do with all these trees, of course not all of them will become seedlings)
30 Liquidambar Seeds
30 Judas Tree Seeds (with a name like this I am assigning it to Geodon)
I am biding on:
30 Japanese Cedar
7 Variegated Japanese Red Pine
5 Japanese White Pine
30 Trident Maple
30 Red Maple (one of the many kinds)
P.S. Today is my Birthday!
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment