Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Is the day over yet?


meow
Originally uploaded by RedTea
Here I am waiting until the time I can go to the clay studio.

Sliver curtains hanging from a black bar and a melon green blanket on a black chair with matching pillow. In front of me is a room. In back of me a wall. Spiders crawl around the school. I wonder how I got in the school to begin with. Looking at all the skills spread out before me mine look like children’s drawings. In fact I was told once I would make a very good children’s illustrator. That was long ago. Today I made my children’s drawing in a small notebook. A horrible feeling hang over me, and all I could bring myself to do was draw.

Seeds. I wish I had my seeds now. I wish I could soak them in water, put them in my refrigerator, and wait for the cold to make them germinate. I wish I could plant the seedlings in the perfect combination of sand and soil. I wish I could put the little seedlings into pots (pots that I made) and place them around a gallery space coupled with starter plants.

Patience. It is something that I am going to have to learn. Bonsai trees take time. There is an Ann Arbor Bonsai Society that has an auction every year on Sept 26. I will be attending this auction. I hope it is everything that I have been told it is.

I am supposed to be seating here as wonderful things explode from my fingertips. Every key pressed makes a wonderful sound and the song is quite nurturing. It is encouraging hearing that sound. It makes you think things are happening. You are going somewhere. It encourages you to write more bolder, crazier ideas.

It has been a half an hour. Now it has been an hour.

Sketching cats endlessly, such a mindless action. Everyone else has such propose, they have ideas that need to be done right away or the winter will get in the way (or such and such). I decided not to work on the potter’s wheel today because I forgot my supplies.

HA! I tricked you. I went and worked with clay anyway. The story goes like this. I was drawing cats and then trees when I realized that I didn’t want to be in my Senior studios just writing and drawing and doing stuff like that.

I am free! Studio time is over!

No comments: