Saturday, August 4, 2007

Oliana Lander


I woke up in the middle of a field. My bed was gone, and of course my room. My neck was sore. I was alone in my pajamas without shoes, food or money. I wanted to scream, and I did. Nature quieted itself for a while, after birds flew into the air, but nothing much happened. I stood up and took a few steps and then froze, as something shiny appeared where my foot was about to fall. Stepping back I picked it up. It was a simple blade elegantly craved. Looking around more I realized that I had been laying in bones. I wanted to scream again. Bits of old clothe had survived, but mostly it was just bones. I noticed something else there was shinny a pile of gold and silver, which without hesitation I stuffed into my pajama pockets.

My name is Oliana Lander. I am a teenage girl who has no idea how I ended up hopping around in a field in kitty cat pajamas trying to avoid stepping on anything that hurts. If you could help me about now I would really appreciate it, my tummy is beginning to complain and I am thirsty. Most importantly I am Bipolar, and if I do not get my medication I will be in a sad state. I have no idea what I am doing or where I am going. Please. Please. Help me.

Oliana crawled up into a ball that night, and cried silently about her greatest fear, not taking her medication. She had had a dream once that taking away her medication was the worse thing that anyone could do to her. She wondered how many days she would have before she went into withdrawal.

When she woke up there was a stag that seemed to be kissing her. He was on the ground next to her. She rubbed his nose, and he ran off into the distance. Funny dream. She feel back asleep, when she woke up there was a pair of shoes on her feet. She smiled wearily wishing that they were medication, and then she noticed the boxes, engraved on each bronze box was a name of her medication, and when she opened them up there they were. A roll of parchment was sealed beside them beside a bag that looked much like a book bag. The seal was a pair of Antlers interlocking. She broke the seal. Upon the parchment was written, “I could only bring what you already owned. Sorry.”

The sound of dogs barking soared across the field. The next minute they came stumbling across the field. A boy riding a horse was chasing after the dogs. They were coming her direction.

(If you want to hear more you have to comment, or email me if you are reading this post when it is really old.)

No comments: