my kitty cat hat
warm blocking the winter wind,
he said I was too old to wear it
he said I acted like a child.
I think myself wiser now
I think myself happier then.
dreamed of taking him to the gardens,
warm botanical, nature indoors,
coat off, snow outside
asked him to go, “No.”
there is a light in my eyes,
a fire, that somehow survives.
go away, leave me be,
I cannot stand this,
I want to jump
out of my head.
this unease,
this badness.
emotion, perhaps?
what is this feeling
why does it come?
when did it start?
I am trapped,
don’t you believe me?
america free?
forced into college
to stay on my parents insurance
only to be later forced into a certain job.
remember sleep?
how much of my time is taken by sleep?
do you think I can still make it?
Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Menus link
20 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment